Wednesday, 3 October 2012


I thought I'd write this for my two friends who I know read this, since you both know how much I enjoy my weekly dress making course I thought I'd try to update you each week with what I'd done that week. 

So last Wednesday I knew it would be the first session where everyone was being taught how to use he machines and have their inductions but since I'd done that last year I thought I'd give myself a little project to get myself back into the swing of things.

So over the summer a family friend gave me a pile of old clothes, for me to wear/ cut up/ recycle as I wished. One thing that stood out to me was this skirt.





Yes not the nicest thing I know, I even tried it on which was funny. However the colour and the suede material were amazing. I recently brought a dress and a jumper in the same burgundy/maroon colour, and the suede was so thick. So since I'm short on clutch bags ( how I do not know, I have so many bags mainly from carboots, charity shops of vintage finds even though I use the same one every day) Any way a clutch bag was lacking from my collection so this is what I made:



It's pretty simple but I like it and I like the fact I made it for a skirt that never would have been worn.

This week I also traced round a jacket bodice and sleeve block but more of that next week.

Sorry this has turned into the longest post ever, I'll update you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment